Best solid state pre-amp below US $ 10.000,00 ??

Any suggestions ?
frankpiet
I don't how any of us can say which pre-amp is THE best. I would certainly consider the CTC Blowtorch, however. Possible caveat, however: I'm not sure what the current price is. Good luck Frank
I agree with Teajay that the Placette is a very good contender in the below $10,000 bracket. I own a Placette Active linestage, although it is now a backup to a much more expensive Levinson Ref. No. 32.

The Levinson is much more flexible and controllable (.1 db step attenuation and balance control, phase inversion, etc.), but the sonic differences are quite subtle. In a system that could use more dynamic life, at the expense of a touch less smooth and refined sound, the Placette would beat out the Levinson. In short, I think it is a GREAT linestage for the money.
I had a friend who owned a Placette and thought it was good. Until he heard the H-Cat. The Placette is gone.

Like other passive units, the Placette has a purity to it. I do think the Topdog was a better sounding passive unit. For me, however, the lack of dynamics with passive units looses all the pace of music.
I know, I sound like a broken record, but those who have paid attention have repeatedly thanked me. I am soon going for a months vacation to Alaska. No H-Cats there.