Looking for a good pre-amp to mate with Cary V12i

I'm looking for a good pre-amp to mate with my Cary V12i. I have been considering Supratek, DeHavilland, and Joule, but thought I'd get some additional opinions. I'm not opposed to a Cary Pre-amp, but I already have one and would like to try something diiferent.
clio09
I have owned and very much liked a Supratek Syrah, but I prefer my current preamp, a Herron VTSP1A/166 even more. It is the quietest tubed preamp I've ever owned, with a wonderfully natural and organic sound. It has plenty of fine detail but it never shoves it in your face. Also the build quality seems top notch, one area where I had some concern with my Supratek. Though beautiful it seemed a bit fragile, especially the tube sockets. I'm sure I'll get flamed for my comments by the Supratek crowd, but remember I did like the preamp and I am entitled to my own opinion. Good luck!
Jond,

Thanks for your response. I have been following the Supratek discussions on Audiogon and recall seeing a post or two of yours there. The input sensitivity of my Cary is 3.5 volts, would the Herron be a good match in that respect?