Ground 'box' what's in them?

Anyone have any idea what's going on inside these ground 'boxes' some companies are coming out with?

Examples are the Entreq, Synergistic Research et al.
ppeters
Had a demonstration of the Synergistic Research one in my system a few years back.

However, just try to think logically about it, all your equipment is already connected to ground via its power cord if designed properly. So all you do by adding a second ground connection is adding a ground loop - which are no good. In case you have double insulated equipment, indicated by a pair of squares, one inside the other usually by the ac inlet, and equipment usually supplied with a 2 pronged power cored, you are connecting "nothing" to ground.

I you really want to know about proper grounding I'd encourage you to read this paper.

Bill Withlock Ground Papers

Good Listening

Peter
07-01-15: Ozzy
I wish some daring (rich) individual would take one apart...

Very rare. A few years back a friend of mine bought some very expensive P*D cables, forgot the name but it was something about 3-4k per meter, after a while he wanted better connectors and opened the cable. Guess what he found? Belden computer cables, thin, cheap, surrounded by big foam. He was really mad about that... the question is: Do you really want to know what you have bought?
Syntax, I remember someone posting pictures of the inside of the Transparent "boxes" that are on their cables and it was just silicone glue and I think a resistor.
So, yeah, is there some individual with more resources than I have to take one of these Enteq boxes apart and enlighten the Audiogon community?