Integraded Amp

Looking for a 2 channel Integraded Amp with tone controls!I have a nice Integraded,should I add an EQ or would it be better to find an Integraded with tone controls?
gellis1
Good integrateds don't have tone controls as a general rule. You're lucky if it has a balance knob.
Integrated amplifiers with tone controls are out there. My denon has them, and maybe only because it is not that good! A way out! Or elsewhere? I have not used them once in 5 years, and when I bought the denon I tended to think a good amplifier would not have them. Maybe that is true. However, an amplifier with a source direct or by- pass mode to put the tone controls outside operation might be another option for you. I can definately see the benefit of tone controls when recording, and then perhaps the more sophisticated the tone component the better. Then, perhaps, the outboard equalizer might be the way to go. Check out the Archives here for suggestions- thats the door at the end of the hallway.

Hi Gellis,
If you REALLY want tone controls there are the Denon and Marantz Integrateds.

I have had Denon recievers for years and am anxious to try something w/o tone controls for a change. Of course it will be more $$.
Try the NAD 320BEE. It is a great sounding integraded for the money. It does have tone controls, as well as a bypass for them.