Von Schweikert synergy

I'm interested in hearing what Von Schweirkert users have found to be very good amps with their speakers. When I think of good synergy, I think of B&W and Classe, Audio Physic and Musical Fidelity, JM Labs and YBA, Kharma and Tenor. Are there any good synergystic matches for Von Schweirkerts?
s7horton
For my VR-9s, the DarTZeel NH-108s are an absolutely magical match. I've never heard music reproduced as cleanly, transparently, and (most important) musically. The amps are only 100 wpc, but they have NO problem driving the 96-dB VR-9s to ear-splitting levels in my room. Several 'Goners have this combination, and they're over the moon about it. Maybe some will comment here.
I would say that VSA speakers are like chameleons. They match well with most electronics, and are so neutral that they sound different with whatever they're matched with. I've heard the VR1s, VR2s and VR4jrs with Pass Alephs, Brystons, and Manleys. The VR4srs with Mark Levinsons and BATs. The VR4hses with Mark Levinsons and Krells. All sounded different, all sounded good.
VonSchweikert speakers (I can speak for VR-4jr and SR only, assuming that the higher models can only be better) will sound very well with any quality amplification; the better amplifier the better sound with a source quality probably being at least as important as amplifier. You are likely to hear colorations coming from the electronics rather than from speakers themselves. I know it sounds like a heresy but that's my opinion based on my ears, different amplifier-speaker combinations tried (Accuphase was my final choice) and many hours of concentrated listening. For me the Accuphase and Von Schweikert speakers is a dream match and now I can devote myself entirely to the music... Happy and relaxed listening.
I am enjoying the MUSIC finally.
Years ago, VSA were voiced with Spectron Musician II, then Musician III and for last few weks Musician III Signature Edition - it should tell you somethin'
I've owned a few model Von Schweikerts (VR3/4 iterations), even newer (VR2, 4jr), think the VR3's sound better, overall, then the new stuff, fwiw.. With them I've ran the PS Audio HCA-2 and Spectron Musician II/II to FANTASTIC RESULTS. They love fast/nimble/powerful/energetic/smooth/rich/detailed/ambiant digital amps. Maybe I should say, I love that sound and the VR's offer up the GOOD digital amps sound in spades (didn't like the crummy Panasonic digital receiver x55 or something like that, and the Bel Cantos digital where zzzzzzz to me, the Nu Force where also thin and edgy in my short time with them).

Albert used the PS Audio and Spectron stuff at shows to demo his gear and to voice them...hard to argue against that! I've used countless dozens of amps, but the digital stuff rocks my world with the dynamic, bass heavy, and all around esoteric music I listen to. I'm trying the new PS audio ICE amps now, and going to build a Hypex next, on good word from ears I trust that they are even better then the PS Audio and Spectrons! I don't think I'll bother with anything short of the JC-1's in solid state land with my VR3's or the VR4genIIISE's, and nothing short of a near 5 figure tube amp will make me leave the digital realm, especially given the value of digital amps!