Calling all Aesthetix Callisto / Io Owners

I have owned an Io (standard version with 1 power supply) for a little over a year. I replaced all the tubes in the audio chassis with Telefunken tubes and this was a huge improvement. And this week I took delivery of a Callisto (signature with 1 power supply).

1: Since I also have another line stage here (BAT 31SE) I would like to try both of the Aesthetix power supplies for the Io to see if I ultimately want to go with two supplies here. I would also like to try both power supplies in the Callisto to hear what is gained over just one P.S. But I see that the power cables between the PowerSupply chassis and the Io have different pinouts than the cables used to the Callisto. Are the power supplies interchangeable or are they pinned specifically for either the Io or Callisto?

2: Are there tubes within the Callisto that significantly benefit from tube rolling?

3: Has anyone done a shootout between the Standard and Signature Io? .... and what were the differences?

4: On the Callisto, when I move the "Right Level" control, there is a slight crackle/static sound from full attenuation to the first step and then again in the next 2-3 steps. From then on the noise is gone. I have swapped tubes between the L & R channels, swapped power cables between L & R, tried using a different set of inputs, swapping outputs to opposite amp inputs, etc. The problem stays with the right side. Does the right level control need to be "cleaned"?

Thank you in advance for any input here.

John
jafox
Exlibris, thanks for your follow-up comment about the Atma-Sphere MP-1 in combination with the Atma-Sphere MA-2 amps. I'm continuing to use my Aestheitx Io Signature with volume controls directly into my MA-2s (just as does Hemisferik). Albert's comments continue to tweak my curiosity about the improvement that might be possible with the addition of a high quality line stage like the MP-1 or Callisto, so perhaps this is something I'll have to explore one day.
I will check the valves and report when able to turn the thing off!

Currently loving it and pulling out all the old favourites (listening to Cowboy Junkies, The Trinity Session's)

IO without volume control's would sound best with Callisto?
IO without volume control's would sound best with Callisto?

No real performance difference between an Io with or without volume control.

However, buying with a volume control adds $2500 - $3000 to retail that could go towards the Callisto. Once the Io is joined up with a preamp (ANY preamp), the Io volume control is of no value.
Thank you Albert. Callisto on the wish list.

Moving into a new house/dedicated room soon. Chris Huston is doing the design.
Tubes are Electro Harmonix EL34 in the power supples. Sovtek's in the IO.

Can anyone recommend where to purchase the better sounding tubes Albert and others mention?