McIntosh 501 or 602 for Magnepan 20.1

Has anyone tried any of the big Mac amps with Magnepan 20.1? I'm in the search for an amp. I'm considering:

Krell 400/450
McIntosh 501/602
Rowland 302
H2O Signature Mono

I'm running an Audio Aero CD player so no preamp is involved. I have heard to bypass the H20 and Rowland since I don't have a preamp but I haven't had a chance to try it in my setup.

Thanks...
muslover
MC2102 on a 20.1? I dont think that would be a good idea, my 3.6's clipped my 1201's! As for the 2275 I dont think it could properly drive a 1.6 or higher...maybe the MMG or 12's.
Clipping point has a lot to do with room size. If your room is large, that last 3dB of volume can eat up a lot of Watts - even 1200! Arthur
I power my MG-20's with a combination of Threshold SA-1s with a Pass labs 350.5. The 350.5 sounds great on these speakers and powers them effortlessly. So even if you are not going to bi-amp your maggies I would suggest you add the Pass labs 350.5 to your audtion list. I see no problems because of not using a standalone pre-amp in your setup with the 350.5. Good luck in your audtioning ,your MG20.1s are amazing speakers!
Don't even think about the Paraounds JC-1s on the 20.1s. I tried them and they were pushed to their limit. Their transformers are too small. They can't deliver enough voltage. You need a very powerful amp either a Classe Omega, Rowland, Levinson, or one of the high-powered ARC amps if you want tubes.
Another great tube option is the Jolida JD 3000A 200 watt mono blocs. My Maggie dealer uses these as the default amps for the 20.1 and 3.6. He also happens to sell more Magnepan speakers than any other dealer in the U.S.

Huge power from the 211 tubes, never lacking anything. Banish any thoughts of a subwoofer. And you'll likely never go back to SS, certainly not the ever over-hyped, over-priced bricks like Levinson, Musical Fidelity, Krell, etc.