Tube Preamp for Dreadnaught & Aerials

What to you suggest? I'm looking for a tube preamp that can be operated by remote and has a HT bypass for a Theta Dread 1/Aerial 10T setup. Budget: $1500-$2500. I'd like to try tubes but a SS with a bit of warmth in the mid range would be okay, too.

Thanks,
jas
Does anyone else have a suggestion. BAT? Acoustic Research? I'd appreciate all suggestions.
Ja Hi
I got the Aerials 10t too.My system is Rogue M150 and ML 27.5 for driving bass.Pre is the Rogue Mugnum 99 all tube glory and remote control.Aluminum housing solid brick type.Spend around 1600$ on it used.9/10
Other pre I also use according to moods is an ARC LS3B Solid State.
Best
George

PS.Once I drove my 10T with a CJ MV55 with amazing results.
Try a Musical-Fidelity unit, used BAT , VTL, Pass, Rogue Magnum 99, Meridian 502? , McIntosh,

Audition if you can. Almost a must, but what a system you'll have.
Hi Jas,

Don't know where you are now but I just came across this thread. I have been using the Sonic Frontier line-3, a very neutral tube preamp that does not sound tubey, to drive (bi-amp) the 5-channel dreadnaught I and into 10Ts.

The results were top-notched sound, very dynamic, detailed and non-fatiguing(confirmed by a couple of other audiophiles). I have never achieved a 'synergy' like this in my 15 years of pursuit of great sound. I attribute the keys to success to:

1. bi-amping: 10T's are well knownn to be power-hungry so once I did the bi-amping the system sounded completely different, it just kind of opens up, way up. Dreadnaughts are definitely high end bargains.

2. room acoutics: 10T's also demand big breathing room. I was surprised by their ability to 'project' sound stage almost as good as Watt Puppies.

3. The SF line 3 is so neutral that it simply gets out of the way for the sources (CD: Krell MD-10 and studio, LP: Rega 3 & Signet cartridge AM-40) to voice through.

I am using Kimber select interconnects such as 1120s and still trying out other different brands.

Good luck,

Eugene
Eugene. Thanks for your imput. I have considered the SF line as well as the VTL 5.5. I've been trying to find a tube reamp that has balanced mains and CD input, IEC chord, a HT pass through feature, and silver, although the last item is negotiable. So far, I've located the VTL 5.5, and the ARC LS 16 in my price bracket (used, $1600-$2000). The SF line I believe fits too. Any I missed?

I moved into a new house this last weekend and had 2 20 amp circuits added in. That the new larger room adds an ease to the 1o-T's I hadn't heard before. Somehow, the bass isn't coming through, maybe the new wiring needs time and the speaks need a new placement (fits only been 3 days so I haven't got to tweaking yet), but so far so good.

I like Kimber and am thinking of trying them. I'm using Audience Au24s and Cardas Golden Ref now but am not sure if its what I'll keep. I need to put a preamp in place first, as the Proceed AV I use while not that bad just isn't going to cut it for music.
I'll check out the SF-3 next. Thanks for you input.