quicksilver amps and preamps any thoughts ??

any input on theses items, they look nice, am curious to the sound and reliability, thanks. Any comparisons to other equipment etc.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsuperhonestben
I'm using Quicksilver Horn Monos with a Cary SLP-2002 preamp and Klipsch La Scalas. Jaw-dropping transients, superb detail, clarity and fullness. The Horn Monos are dead quiet and a great match for the La Scalas.

I used Rogue M120s before - way more power and great amps in their own right, but they were much noisier with high efficiency speakers like the La Scalas. The Rogues were more impressive sounding due to their much greater power, but the Quicksilvers are more truthful with respect to tone, clarity, and intimateness.

I'm extremely happy with the Quicksilvers, and the build quality is exceptional. The horn mono is a lower-gain version of the mini-mite, with some cosmetic improvements (and real binding posts!) Not a single problem with these amps so far - not even the slightest deviation from the same operational characteristics and behavior every listen. Rock solid.
I have v4 no hum what so ever. Best amps I have owned and I have had a few different ones. Highly recomend them.
Hello many thanks for the responses, sounds like people really like the gear, the horn monos interest me as I have Khorns,but also have B&W cm4s and Linn Ninkas, is there a better all around amp for all...say mid monos anybody heard those ??
Hi Ben,

I've had Minimites for the past year and am still amazed by their exceptional value. They are driving Klipsch Forte's and are a great match. I plan on auditioning the Horn Monos to see if I can draw that last bit of inner detail out of the music. I'd say the Horn Monos would be a perfect match with Khorns but you may need something a bit more versatile if you plan on driving speakers rated below mid 90's db. You should email Mike Sanders at Quicksilver to get his opinion. Mike's design philosophy - form follows funtion - is clearly evident in all his creations. I'm convinced that his approach allows the listener to be more emotionally involved in the music.

Mwilson - You said the Rogue M120's were more impressive than the Horn Monos due to their much greater power. Do you find the Horn Monos, when pushed hard, run out of steam with the Lascalas? I would think that the 104db Lascalas would leave plenty of head room. Just curiuos.

Regards, Mike

Hi,

Thanks everyone for thier feedback! I was thinking of e-mailing Mike Sanders but did not want to risk offending him if I asked if some of his amps hummed.

Thanks!

BTW Howard thank you for the invitation but not close to you right now.