Power amp for Silverline Sonata III

Newbie from Australia here....

I'm looking for a power amp partner for my new Silverline Sonata III's.
Pre-amp is a Supratek Chardonnay.

I'm thinking 25 watts is enough (93db efficiency) but more is always nice.

I'm trying to keep the price under control here.
I play all sorts of music from chamber to jazz to trance and most stops in between, no country music though....

Would be interested in suggestions.
sonicnirvana
I am using a VTL Stereo 150 moddified with oil filled caps and NOS tubes. The sound is extrordinary, silky smooth clean highs, transparant mids and surprising, a tight bass.
I'm using Quicksilver Triode monoblocks, and cannot recommend them highly enough. You will have to contact Mike Sanders at www.quicksilveraudio.com if you are interested, as they are not on their website. They would be an incredible match for the Sonata III's as well.
Mike says you can't get the Triodes in 240v/ 50Hz though.
I was interested in those, very much so....
As much as I love what tubes can do for the Sonatas, I'd like to suggest 2 more amps which I personally have always admired and suspect might be an interesting match with these very flexible speakers (and save some money while you're first getting your feet wet). The first one is a true classic which epitomizes in every way what a tube amp can do and that is the older Conrad Johnson MV-55 as well as the MV-52 and 45 along with their more powerful big brothers the MV-100 and 125 (which are becoming increasingly difficult to find in good condition...). They ARE romantic, they do embellish with golden hues and they will not be mistaken for SS in their bass control but they sure have a beautiful sound [all of them] and they absolutely invite extended listening sessions, especially vocals and midrange... I will admit that I have never actually owned them, but my local dealer always had any one of the above playing in his best room and I have spent many hours listening and lusting in their performances. On the used marketplace they are typically a great value and the type of amps which breed love at first listen. The Sonatas will give you all that they can offer. Are their better amps for them? I'm sure, but these are more like first loves...rather than your eternal soulmate. The other amp I would recommend because in this case I DID personally own and can admiringly attest to is not even tubed... it's what I have found to be the closest I've ever heard to tubes (in their good ways) in an all solid state product and they have an even more heralded past... the one and only "little square cube" Pass Aleph 3. I loved mine. Combined with a tubed preamp it was another incredibly satisfying musical experience that never let me down. No, it's not all that powerful but again the Sonata's easy impedance and high efficiency lends itself so well to the lower powered amps... Its power will surprise you and the Sonatas will make the best of it if you don't try to push it to more than "reasonable" levels but I can only imagine what a bi-amped configuration of a pair of these could do for you and at roughly $1K each average Agon price it might be something to consider. Anyway, just a few ideas... Let us know what you're test driving and good luck... . Happy listening.
This is an interesting suggestion.
Have heard a bit of the "lore" that surrounds these amps, there is a bit of that with the older McIntosh things as well.

Not a lot of CJs on the ground here in Australia. VERY few!
IF they are switchable at the transformer to 240v/50Hz I would look at grabbing one of these if a seller was interested in going to the trouble for an "exotic" buyer....