VAC Signature 2a Preamp Question

Before you say, "Dude, there's already a thread posted about this question!" Well, forgive me, I could not find it. This is an inquiry for Signature 2a owners who have the built-in MC/MM phono stage: When the selector is on #6, which is the turntable, I get a background hum and some of what is probably tube rush, and it's especially audible with no music playing with the volume up. When I switch to the DAC setting, with the same volume setting, everything is dead quiet. Do I have a problem or is this normal?

Your feedback is welcome and appreciated,
Alón
Ag insider logo xs@2xalonski
Huh, I turn the VAC logo off on my Sigma 160i. I find it a bit ostentatious.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Hum away!!

Wait...can't the amps go on separate amp stands by each speaker?
I think he's right, Alon
In the end, rack is an essential part of the system, so it's quality should be commensurate with the quality of your components.
Plus, I would try to avoid placing hot tube amps right under your other components.
They (amps) belong on a separate stands, next to the speakers
07-29-15: Maril555
Just take the amps the hell out from the rack and pur PS on the lowest shelf.
+1

Plus, I would try to avoid placing hot tube amps right under your other components.
They (amps) belong on a separate stands, next to the speakers
+1
Hey All – your suggestions are good and appreciated. I agree with the ideas and warnings about where things "should" go... I've been looking at this set-up for a long time trying to find a way to give my gear more breathing room... but it's not realistic in my living room. A new (wider) rack won't fit unless I sell the armoire, which would not earn me any WAF points. And putting the amps near the speakers, which I would love to do, would require spending about a thousand bucks on my electrician, buying two amp stands, buying a third AC Power Regenerator and acquiring two reference quality interconnects of 32ft in length!
That original hum in question is sounding like a very minor issue about now. Maybe one day I'll build a dedicated listening room with lots of room to play with and no WAF considerations. If you all have your own space, I'm envious.