Cheap Backup Amp Needed

My power amp (CAT JL-2) just blew something or other and has to go home to daddy Ken to be repaired. I need a cheap ($500-$1000) replacement amp to tide me over until my real amp returns. I don't care about power (my speakers are rated 92db - Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1s) so much, at least for a month or two, or the frequency extensions. I don't care if it is solid state or tubes. I just want some modicum of emotional involvement possible.
I might use the amp in a second system when it's not subbing in the main system. It would be nice if the amp could be used as a headphone amp also.
Any ideas?
suttlaw
Thanks for the ideas. I know the brand names (except for the digital amps) but not the specific models. Amps suggested from other sources: Bedini 25/25, Classe DR-3, Gryphon, Forte 4.
Does anyone have any more information to help with a choice?
Bryston 3B-ST. Because of the 20 year warranty and fact it is a very well-known amp, it is like a commodity and thus can be flipped months later for what you paid for it (maybe more).

It won't break and sounds really good (for what it is).
You might also consider an Aragon 4004. Reasonably priced, much better than reasonable sound.