Conrad-Johnson Premier 11a-a good used amp?

Hi. I am considering purchase of a C-J Premier 11a (used, there are a couple up on a-gon right now) and was wondering what the consensus on this amp is? I have relatively easy to drive Soliloquy 6.3's, and my listening tastes are mostly jazz and orchestra, at moderate volumes. I have a wonderful tube preamp (EE Minimax) that I would like to mate with a musical, yet detailed amp. I don't want something toooo lush/syrupy, but kind of a liquid, yet detailed sound (which is exactly what the Minimax is for a preamp). In my system, I have had a McCormack DNA-125 (nice amp, but not detailed enough and has some grain) and audioned a PS Audio HCA-2 (very nice amp-great detail and extension, nice liquid presentation for SS), but many owners documented troubles turned me off).

How does the Premier 11a stack up against these? Is it more "new-school" tubes (detailed with a rich presentation)or more old-school (excessively warm and lush)? Thanks!
chiho
Chuck: I have it on authority from somebody at CJ that Lew Johnson personally considers the new solid-state Premier 350 to be CJ's best sounding amplifier ever, period - tubes or no! Haven't heard it myself though.

BTW Chiho, if you think your DNA-125 lacks some detail and refinement, I'd ask if you've upgraded the power cord, and if you leave the amp permanently powered-on. If you do both of those things, these qualities will improve markedly. I haven't compared the 125 to a Premier 11a, but can tell you that it beat an MV-55 in my system in terms of detail (but so would an 11a, and the 125 still doesn't sound like tubes of course, though it sounds like very respectable SS).
Chiho
How would you characterise the sound of the 6.3's? Two friends of mine say they were too boomy to be enjoyable.
I have had my Premier 11a for quite a few years since I bought it new. It and the Mac C-2200 pre-amp make beautiful music together driving my Genesis V's.