balanced/xlr vs. unbalanced/ single ended

would a true balanced pre/processor to amplifer (Meridian) sound measurably better than single ended/ unbalanced. all the interconnect cables are 1 meter. the speaker cables are 14 ft. for the fronts and 42 ft. to the rears. all high end/expensive cables.
Does anyone have a fully/true balanced Meridian processor/amp combo into passive speakers?
128x128jwt
I just went from a SE ARC preamp to a balanced ARC preamp
to utilize the balanced inputs on my JC-1 monoblocks.

The difference is night and day-go balanced.
My friend has a Meridian 565, 508.24 and yes running fully balanced was a huge difference into the ARC D400 MkII amp to power passive speakers. If the manufactures actually designs a fully balanced piece of equipment (most are not, but the Meridian is) use it!
I have another thread in this forum about this sort of thing. But there are no answers yet so I'll hop on to this one! In general, does delivering a signal to a preamp over balanced connections wind up delivering twice the voltage to the gain stage as using RCA? I ask because I'm worried that if I go balanced with my Pass X1 I will then lose that much more usable range from my volume control.
Physics and gain and noise level difference aside I find that single end provides a more linear, fluid, laid back vs the more open and aggressive, open and in your face sound XLR cables do.
WHen Properly grounded and RCA connectors locked I think they give a superior musicality to the overall sound.
Just my very subjective observations.