Sonic Impact T-Amp giant killer?

I did a search and didn't find anything...have you folks heard about the $30 wonder?

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/sonicimpact/t.html

It seems it's turning a few heads...
fishboat
I've been burning the Tripath battery powered(12 SLA) in for a few days now. When paired with sensitive speakers the Clari T Amp is a true giant killer for sure! And it can kill some big ass giants!

The sound is totally nonfatiguing. Yet vivid ,fleshy and engaging.Combined with the proper speakers and source...you can't help but be drawn into the music.

If some think the SI powered by a wall wart is great.And many do..including some professional reviewers.They really need to hook up a 12 volt battery,remove unnecessary circuits and see what they've been missing. Anyone in the Georgia /Alabama area that would like to try it out against their Reference low wattage tube amp(what ever the cost) give me a holler.

(Disclaimer)Just don't take it out on me when the ClariT embarasses it with it's sheer muscle and musicality. One owner describes it's sound as a tough (inner city) SET tube amplifier wearing leather.LOL.. I really got a kick out of that one! This is simplicity at it's finest .

Good Listening!
Mine's going to be dropped off by UPS today, along with a Scott Nixon DAC that Vinnie put into one of his enclosures for me. Hopefully I'm in for a night of SLA battery-powered bliss.

Gary
Gary,
I have a friend that owns the Scott Nixon dac.I haven't had a chance to hear it though.I don't think his is the battery powered version though.He has only good things to say about it.
The first couple of hours the top end will be grainy and closed in on the Clari T Amp(no surprise as the switching power supplies need to get going).
By the end of the night your going to do some cart wheels in the listening room. By the third day it will be sommersaults with half twists! Try not to hurt yourself ! LOL

Let us know what you think!

Happy Listening!
I got the dac & amp last night. With a/c out of the picture the only noise that's left is what's on the cd. Or the refrigerator upstairs when it's running. Otherwise, and I know it might sound cliche, but music emerges from an almost unnerving dead silence. The purity and realism these two components deliver has got to be heard to be appreciated, I just can't explain it. And that's only after a few hours of listening, I can't wait to get some more time on the amp & dac and for my real speakers (at 100dB/W) to get here.

Gary
Terrific Gary..you haven't heard anything yet! That gear is far from burned in.Listen for it to open up over the next 30 hours.From what others say it will only get better.I have maybe 60 hrs on mine now and it continues to improve.I also agree the only way to understand is hear it for yourself.