Ei vs Electro-Harmonix KT90

Has anyone heard both of these tubes? For my listening I have always preferred Ei. But I have never heard this new EH KT90.

opinions?
kt_88
Hey Trelja

Don't be fooled buy the results of your tube tester. I find new production tubes must be changed every year to year and a half regardless of what the test reuslts are. When I do so the difference is astounding even if the tubes test over 90%. Comparing 5 yr old Ei's with new JJ's is not a fair comparison of these tubes.

Buy another set of the Ei and then do a comparison again I think you will be presently surprised. Assuming both sets of tubes are well matched, non microphonic and in good condition the Ei I think you will find will out perform the JJ by a wide margin.

They certainally do in my rig.
Thanks for the input. I like both Ei KT90 and the Tesla EL34 ( preferbly the NOS ) but they are miles apart in sonic signature. Both of course have a certain application where on will out shine the other.
Yes, the old Tesla tubes form the 70's were very good if you can find them in shape and at a decent price. I believe they took over from Mullard when they got of it and used there tooling.

As far as current tube the Ei is ano brainer IMHO