need tube advice from tube preamp owners.

i just recently bought a mcintosh c-2200 tube preamp,i pick it up from the dealer on monday(i cant wait) & im wondering what tubes will be nice for me to roll with that pre.

system its going into.

mc500 amplifier
mr85 tuner
mvp841 cd/dvd
cary audio tube dac.

i know very little about tubes so talk to me like i was an idiot & explain in detail.

merry xmas

mike.
128x128bigjoe
You are really putting the cart ahead of the horse. Let your new pre-amp break in first then listen to it carefully for a few months and decide what about its sound you would like to improve, then post a question like "My pre-amp has rolled off highs (or bright highs), what tubes could I change to get a better balance" and what brands would you recommend". Then you will get a meaningful response. Otherwise recommendations are a WAG.
for very detailed comparisions of the sound qualities of various NOS tubes, check out Joe's Tube Lore at the tube forum on Audio Asylum.
newbee, im not looking to correct a problem that isnt there all im lookin for is advice on some good preamp tubes maybee even from a c2200 owner who has tried a few.

whats wrong with hearing differences in a preamp right from the start & making choices as to what sound i like the best.

from the little tube experience ive had with my mc2102 & c20 preamp i know a good tube makes the unit take on a entirly different feel & thats what i want to explore right from the start.