Pass X150 or CJ MF 2500,,,

im looking for a SS amp for my studio 100s that will work well on all kinds of music,,i have a tube preamp,anthem pva 2 power amp and would like to upgrade,love tube midrange but have to have my bass too!ive not heard these amps but read a lot about them,its taken me months of working OT to save the money so im a little nervous ,any help!!!
128x128raytheprinter
If you like tube midrange, I would get the CJ. The X150 is a very different animal.
The C-J MF 2500 has a lot more power than the X150, correct? I have the 2500A, my all-around favorite amp so far that I've owned. I also have a MF 2250 (non-A) that is a great little amp as well. These can both be great deals on the used market right now. Oh, yeah, I like the McCormack DNA .5 & 1.0 also; some real deals on those, esp. if you don't go too crazy with the "Rev. alphabet soup" & maybe just get an original or Delux.
Good luck!
You did not mention if you are buying used or new? The CJMF2500A would be what I would recommend over the Pass X150. If you are buying used make sure that the CJ is the "A" version. I am currently using a CJ 2500A and like it very much, more detailed than the non "A" model. The "A" version is now standard and with non "A" models CJ offers an upgrade package. The Pass is an excellent amp as well and if you decide to go that route then I would consider the X250 over the X150 which is more comparable to the CJ MF2500A at least in power. Good Luck and Happy Listening!

Chuck
I like and own Pass, but in your particular case I would pair the CJ with the same CJ kind-of amp, I assume that your room is not a large one.

Fernando
thanks guys,i will be buying used on audiogon,and will have about $ 2,200 to work with,used prices for MF2500 A and PASS x 150 are about the same,my room is 15x20x12 all wood,im pretty sure either amp would be a step up from my Anthem PVA2,i am leaning toward the CJ,could you guys elaborate on the CJs bass ,im not a bass fiend,but i like to have the slam there when its on a recording,thanks for responses,also how can i be sure im getting the "A" version of the MF 2500?