Feickert blackbird, kuzma 4 point which cartridge

İ am planning to buy a new cartridge for feickert blackbird tt, kuzma4 point tonearm, full asr electronics. İ have budget around 5k. Lyra, koetsu, shelter, dynavector, zyx, miyajima, ortofon are very popular i think. İ never had a chance to listen except ortofon models. Reviews are very confusing. İ really like to hear your opinions about these manufacturer models, and your recommendations.
altanpsx
The LOL guys....no brain. The audiophile History is full with great reviews from everything. Each his own :-)
no one except Rockitman diddnt mention any reviews...on this thread i only saw atleast 3 guys that had extensive experience with this arm describing it all but not like you described and dozens of others i know using it or hearing and no one said ANYTHING similiar like your description so i guess you are alone...Syntax...please...put the bong down and go to sleep...
Raindog031,
I had one of the first 4points and we improved some topics together with Mr. Kuzma. In opposite to the Airline which is one of the greatest designs in tonearm building the 4point is not a really convincing arm. I was testing a lot, nearly a year, with the best LOMCs - no chance to reach my other arms like FR-66s, SAEC 8000, SAEC 506/30, SME 3012/I, Cobra, Axiom.
I diddnt said that 4point is best arm in whole white world nor that is better than airline...im just have a good laugh when Syntax said that 4point is soft sounding and has no dynamic to push fast paced music(just now im listening Great southern trendkill)...which is a blatant lie...for the money 4point is a hell of a good arm...
4Point can be soft sounding using it with carts like Lyra Olympos etc.
With other carts like Zyx UNIverse, Goldfinger v2 it is not soft sounding.
I think Frank improved the design in many steps. Yes it is not a bad arm, for me in the end it was not convincing. Question is which kind of set up you are going for. I have the airline since its appearance. For me it is the best arm Frank ever made. I asked myself why he came up with the 4point but was attracted by its features, so tested it quite a time. It did not work with me in the end but maybe with others. Mike Fremer I heard is a great fan of this design, too. If this does mean something to someone he should go for the 4point.