Feickert blackbird, kuzma 4 point which cartridge

İ am planning to buy a new cartridge for feickert blackbird tt, kuzma4 point tonearm, full asr electronics. İ have budget around 5k. Lyra, koetsu, shelter, dynavector, zyx, miyajima, ortofon are very popular i think. İ never had a chance to listen except ortofon models. Reviews are very confusing. İ really like to hear your opinions about these manufacturer models, and your recommendations.
altanpsx
Altanpsx,

There are so many good cartridges out there and system matching and particular taste can be so specific as to make suggestions somewhat unhelpful. I have heard great systems using all of the major brands, and some you have not mentioned (e.g., Allaerte). To a significant degree, your choice will be a gamble.

I have had the luck of finding local dealers that allowed for reasonably long term auditions (one or two weeks) of the cartridges I chose. One dealer has even allowed regular customers to take home a $12,000 cartridge for audition. I did not try any sort of comparison in my cartridge auditions--the evaluation was more in the line of whether I liked the sound or not. This sort of thing is NOT common, so I sympathize with your "problem."

I know this is somewhat compounding your problem by mentioning another cartridge, but, I would also add the Dynavector XX-2 to the candidate list. A friend bought one and traded in a much more expensive Transfiguration Orpheus. In his particular system, this is a great cartridge.
Larryi,

Thanks for your recommandations. But as you mentioned, demo is not possible. Even listening these cartridges can be very difficult. Most of the cartridges i mentioned provided by internet base sellers in my area. Few hifi dealers in my regions does not have these expensive cartridges. i know i am gambling, thats why i asked your experience with these cartridges. Also cartridges are making the biggest impact or sonic signature whatever you call, on every system. Thats why i am trying to find an arguably neutral cartridge. i made my system in that philosphy, of course as best as i can. Someone may easily argue that my system is not neutral. i am trying to find black jack but in the end i am aware that my choice maybe 19 not 21. But in the end i do not want 23. i am just trying to stay in the game. Also, ii do not have a cahnce to hear others, i may easily be happy with my choice :)

i am trying to learn what should i expect from a spesific cartridge from audiogon members.
Altanpsx,

You have a number of suggestions that would be described as being neutral. I think you may be at a point where you should double check that these neutral carts will work well with your arm's effective mass. Then read as many reviews of these carts that on specs look ideal for your set-up. And pull the trigger. Maybe you have your heart set on one, or maybe you wait to see what of the carts of interest you can get a great deal on.

Personally, I have quite liked the Dynavector XX-2 (a Soundsmith rebuild) and the ZYX 4D I have heard. Both would fit your aim of getting a neutral cart. And it seems that folks above have already given a heads up on some of the warmer carts with more "bloom" that may deviate from what you are looking for (Koetsu and Grado for example).