Stillpoints LP Isolator Record Weight

Has anyone who has auditioned the Stillpoints LP Isolator (LPI) offer their opinion on the turntable accessory? I'm curious if it would provide any advantage over the standard VPI Record Weight / Periphery Ring combo.
jyoungpark
Stillpoints told me that for the Lenco idler wheel TT you need to use the long spindle....
Watch out.
$550.00 is a large investment for the minimal improvement over other options.
There is a best of 5-10% reduction in vibration vs. an outer record clamp pure fact. The ring couples 100 times the surface area directly on the outer edge - around the record vs. a small locating diameter in the center of the record LABEL - center clamp or weight.
We shipped many center weights (6000 and counting)and we are the leader in center weight production and our best pure copper center weight - Yes Pure expensive copper 3.2 Lbs and sounds amazing.
We build a killer 2.2 lb stainless carbon fibre that will equal the stillpoints product for under $250.00 - and a 1 lb for $89.00 more reasonable and the Classic has been on the market since 2008 and is very effective and is the most common center weight out there today...
Buy an outer record clamp for a few dollars more and get 10 times the results of ANY center clamp/weight period.

We will post actual test measurements shortly!
Larry
Radioheadokplayer, had I know you had a Lenco, I would have known that as that is what I have also.
Assuming that you buy into the Stillpoints "technology," the LPI operates differently from other weights and clamps. The idea is that its five pyramidal bearing pockets convert vibration into mechanical energy dissipated as the heat of friction between the bearings. With this approach it should be possible to drain vibration without resorting to higher mass. I use it and like it.

At an audio show I experienced a demo in which an LPI was placed on top of the switching power supply of a headphone amp. After a few seconds background noise fell off and the presentation gained clarity. When the LPI was turned upside down (decoupling the bearing pockets from the interface) there was a lesser improvement.
Dgarretson, what one has with the Stillpoint technology is ceramic balls sitting on three same size ceramic balls that are spread just far enough apart to not allow the one on top falling through. This makes the vector of vertical vibrations almost entirely horizontal but this is restrained by a stainless ring, meaning it is turned into heat.