oppo 105d mod or look for a new cd player ?

Had dealer install a set of wilson watt/puppy 7's. My system is small comprising of pass labs xa30.5 amp and x1 preamp. My source today is a oppo 105d. I got this since it works for the kids movies etc.. but I listen to 2 channel cd music through it. My dealer advised next upgrade should be my source to a dedicated cd player vs the oppo.
My question is .. lets say budget is $3k-$4K.. would people advise an oppo upgrade (EVS or Modwringht) or a dedicated cd player for the money ? Thanks in advince for any thoughts..
fsyme
It's going to be a matter of personal preference; I've owned a Berkley and a Lampi Dac but preferred my ModWright Sony 5400 by a large margin.

Both were very good Dacs but they just didn't have the soundstage, imaging, natural tone and vividness of the ModWright. No interest in any Dac, but maybe some NOS 6SN7s...

Wig
@Ptss, no prolly. There is plenty of useful info posted which might assist
other members with the same question :)
Hi.. guys.. sorry been on a unexpected business trip. I'll read through and probe via questions. Tks in advance...
I have an upgraded Oppo and can say for sure it is very good. But its not better than a $750 DAC I know of - which admittedly is better than a lot more expensive DAC's. The difference is the Oppo is very laid back and sweet - that DAC is quite balsy. Based on that I would get a DAC - but make sure it is actually better from a comparison. If that's a bit difficult for some reason (eg you cant get a hold of DAC's to compare) then get the Oppo upgraded.