Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Hi Jebsmith73, As it turns out, I got 28% off full retail for the Gold Furutech GTX-D with the frame and cover plate package, then, to my suprise, friends that are dealer distributors got me a brand new un-cooked Rhodium for $156.00 shipped to me, now I may be getting another brand new frame and cover plate for an astounding $120.00 shipped to me, I will see if this deal pans out, that is a great deal considering my next best price is a whoping $265.98 from the same person that I bought the 28% package deal from, for the frame and cover plate, there are a total of three diferent people that I am dealing with, the two people I got the best deals from are personal friends that is tring to help me.
Rafael0054, Hi, are you there?, I believe I am done way sooner than I thought, I can give you my impression's of compairisons if you answer here.
Hi Audiolabyrinth,
I answered your comment in the another thread(break in of Furutech AC connectors).I`m eager to read your impression´s here.It`s always very helpful.Cheers!Raf
Audiolabyrinth, I'd like to hear your conclusions too.

Last week, I made another experience regarding Rhodium vs. Gold Ac connectors. I put back again my AQ Volcano (Copper) speaker cables (instead of AQ Meteor Silver) and some copper interconnects (instead of AQ SKY silver) that I have. With Fi-11 gold AC connectors, the sound was kind of dark side of warm sound and lacks a little bit the high frequencies. Even though music was alive and resolution details were present and the bass was too much pronounced. Honestly I am not a Bass freak… I put back again my Dynamic Design power cords having FI-11 Rhodium and high frequencies opened up magically with Copper interconnect/speaker cables having wider soundstage. The sound was more neutral and one could hear tiny noises out of the records.

It was a pleasant surprise which confirms the AC connector needs to be matched also with interconnect cables materials and speakers cables. Gold connectors with Silver interconnect/speaker cables and Rhodium connectors with copper interconnect/speaker cables. I continue to be amazed how Power cords and related AC connectors would impressively change my system sound. Of course, AC receptacle play a big role especially matching it with power cords. I use Tesla AC receptacle.

I ordered some Silver and Gold “iego” set AC connectors that I look forward to receive them to make new experiences with Silver connectors and compared them with Furutech. I was told Silver connectors presents the best of Gold and Rhodium, let’s see ...

Michel