Looking for opinions of the B&K ST 125.2

and PT 5. I'm contemplating purchasing them, but I haven't heard anybody talk about them good or bad. My dealer says they are good, but of course, he's trying to sell them.

Anybody have any experience with either? I'm figuring I'm pretty safe considering they are B&K, but I'm left wondering a bit by the total lack of discussion.
jd1319
A B&K thread !! I'm in good company !!
I run a pair of modified M-200's and a Counterpoint SA-5000A.
Everyone thats heard my system can't find any faults what so ever, they love it.
Above posters,wave your flags !!
I wanna see more B&K stuff posted here, they sound fabulous after some John Hillig mods.
I've had excellent experience with B&K products and their customer service. I own several pieces I'm using in various rooms. A vintage ST140 amp and CS117 pre, 2 AVP3090 processor preamps, and a AV5125 5 channel power amp. I bought one of the AVP3090s and the AV5125 for my home theater, and was blown away. So I bought another one (used off ebay) for the living room. I've called the company for questions and support on this equipment - they actually answer their phone, and you can speak with someone who knows what they're talking about. And then we can talk about the build quality . . .
For the money their stuff is hard to beat.
Hey There!

I have a B&K PT5 running a pair of B&W DM303's powered by either an Adcom 535II or 545. The amps are starting to have oscillation problems an I'm looking to replace them with a B&K 125.2.

The PT5 is an excellent preamp soundwise. Clear, detailed, maybe a touch on the warm side of neutral. The crossover is fixed at 80Hz for the lo/highpass connections or you can run it fullrange. There is also a summed L+R if you have a sub w/xover. The volume can only be adjusted in 2db increments and is a bit touchy. Have you seen balanced outputs in such an inexpensive piece? The remote would make things much easier but I opted to run it through my PC for setup. The required software is available on their site. The unit is very well built and the tuner is much better than my Denon AVR-2807.

I imagine the purchase has already been made but thought I'd add my 2cents anyway.
I have a B&K Ref 5s2 pre and a Ref 202.2 s2 amp driving Paradigm Studio 40's. I'm also using a Cambridge Audio 340 cdp and a CA Dacmagic with it. I love the soound, open and airy compared my old Carver gear. My Carver stuff was very edgy and when listened to side by side the Carver appeared distorted. I'm running the speakers full range and have a sub to help augment the bass.