Looking for opinions of the B&K ST 125.2

and PT 5. I'm contemplating purchasing them, but I haven't heard anybody talk about them good or bad. My dealer says they are good, but of course, he's trying to sell them.

Anybody have any experience with either? I'm figuring I'm pretty safe considering they are B&K, but I'm left wondering a bit by the total lack of discussion.
jd1319

Showing 1 response by solobone22

Hey There!

I have a B&K PT5 running a pair of B&W DM303's powered by either an Adcom 535II or 545. The amps are starting to have oscillation problems an I'm looking to replace them with a B&K 125.2.

The PT5 is an excellent preamp soundwise. Clear, detailed, maybe a touch on the warm side of neutral. The crossover is fixed at 80Hz for the lo/highpass connections or you can run it fullrange. There is also a summed L+R if you have a sub w/xover. The volume can only be adjusted in 2db increments and is a bit touchy. Have you seen balanced outputs in such an inexpensive piece? The remote would make things much easier but I opted to run it through my PC for setup. The required software is available on their site. The unit is very well built and the tuner is much better than my Denon AVR-2807.

I imagine the purchase has already been made but thought I'd add my 2cents anyway.