Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Rsf, how can you recommend the GTX-D rhodium version over the gold when you've never heard either? Also I think you're over-generalizing. As I said earlier, with the GTX-D, the major mojo is the base metal (pure copper) which has a greater influence in the sound than the plating material which is a minor player. We're talking about a slide shade as opposed to a night/day difference. Both versions are outstanding. Chris from VH Audio recommended rhodium for tube-based systems or very warm SS systems where you don't want to risk going any warmer, and gold for neutral to slightly warm SS systems.
Melbguy1 you are right I have not heard either of these connectors in my system but have heard both in a friends system and liked the Rhodium better. I'll admit I was generalizing because over the years I have never liked gold plated anything as much as I have liked pure copper or rhodium plated connectors.
Ok, fair enough Rsf. Was you friend's system tube-based or perhaps using warm ss gear with an analogue front end? As if so, that would explain your preference. I haven't tested both outlets in different setups, however according to Chris V, the gold is better suited to neutral to slightly warm ss systems with digital front ends. But that is a generalization only as this is a subjective science and ymmv.
I,m getting Both!, I will tell you the out come when I get 500 hours on both The Furutech GTX-D Gold and Rhodium, I suppose I may do a review of them, cheers.
500 hours???? Really??? Just install them and enjoy, You will know right away what works best in your system .