Rhodium vs Gold AC connectors

Hi dear fellows.Does anybody tried these type of connectors in power cords?In my case I don`t know which could be the differences in sound performances between them.I heard that rhodium connectors have more extended hights frequences , more airy and fluid than gold connectors, but also that they can produce a non-lively sound, with too much control.Regarding Gold connectors I red that they produce a warmer sound, specially in the mids, but with not so much detail as rhodium.Is it true?I will appreciate your comments to make a proper decision.Thanks in advance!Raf
rafael0054
Hi TBG, is your furutech equipment fully burned to 200 and more hours?, if so, can you tell me if you exsperienced more fuller body on the vocals?, and thrusted more into the room with music behind the vocals?, thankyou TBG, you have been a great asset of help to me.
I have to agree with Tbg, never have found gold plating anything to sound tonally to my likening. I'd go with the Rhodium based version although I have not heard either.
Rsf, how can you recommend the GTX-D rhodium version over the gold when you've never heard either? Also I think you're over-generalizing. As I said earlier, with the GTX-D, the major mojo is the base metal (pure copper) which has a greater influence in the sound than the plating material which is a minor player. We're talking about a slide shade as opposed to a night/day difference. Both versions are outstanding. Chris from VH Audio recommended rhodium for tube-based systems or very warm SS systems where you don't want to risk going any warmer, and gold for neutral to slightly warm SS systems.
Melbguy1 you are right I have not heard either of these connectors in my system but have heard both in a friends system and liked the Rhodium better. I'll admit I was generalizing because over the years I have never liked gold plated anything as much as I have liked pure copper or rhodium plated connectors.
Ok, fair enough Rsf. Was you friend's system tube-based or perhaps using warm ss gear with an analogue front end? As if so, that would explain your preference. I haven't tested both outlets in different setups, however according to Chris V, the gold is better suited to neutral to slightly warm ss systems with digital front ends. But that is a generalization only as this is a subjective science and ymmv.