Stupid Question: How to take out tubes??

I know this is a stupid question, but i want to know how to take the tubes out when replacing them. I opened up my tubed preamp yesterday to replace some microphonic tubes but I wasn't sure how to do it. Do I just pull the tubes straight out, or is there a release lever on the tube socket. I dont' want to mess around with it unless I know for sure. The tubes are 6922. Thanks
speedracerucr
They leave residual oils on the glass. They often tell you no to touch halogen bulbs with your fingers for the same reasons.
Thanks a lot everybody. I was finally able to muster up the courage to pull the tubes out. It turned out to be easier then I had thought. But as always, it is better to ask before jumping in blindly. Thanks again.
Tube don't get anywhere near the temperature of halogen bulbs.

Keep in mind that tubes were changed by home repairmen and by soldiers in the field.

KP
Dennis the Menace...They supposed can cut short the life span of the tube...but honestly, I do not know the chemical reaction and how the fingerprint grease can get into the vacuum inside of the tube, therefore, I am still puzzled at the advice.

If audio tubes have the same concept as regular light bulbs...then, I cannot tell. My lightbulbs have fingerprints on them, but they seem to work fine.