Calling all First Sound Preamp Owners

For those First Sound preamp owners, I'd like to know if you feel that using a line conditioner with it (either a power regenerator or passive filter) is superior to using just a power cord plugged directly into the wall socket, albiet a high quality power cord? I'm trying to decide which way to go and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Kevin
kevinzoe
Thank you all for your responses. I like the idea of starting with the stock cord and tubes so as to establish a "baseline" of sound for the unit before monkeying around with power cords / line conditioners. So the concensus is don't use a line conditioner but do try several high-end power cords (Shunyata, Audience, Electraglide, TG Audio etc.)

The wildcard here is the replacement of the tubes with the NOS Siemmens 7308 tubes but I hear that they are rare and one must purchase from a reputable dealer so as not to pay full price for a used tube. Where does one buy 7308 tubes from a reputable vendor?!?

Kevin
You got it Kevin! I'm running the Audience PowerChord on my FS, and I think it's great. I haven't heard the other ones though, so I can't offer a comparison. Another PC that gets positive reviews is Virtual Dynamics' Nite cable.

As for tubes, I know Emmanuel likes the Siemens 7308 as shown above, but I personaly didn't care for them as much as some folks here. I really prefer the Amperex USN-CEP 7308s or the Philips E188CC SQs instead.
try the a-frame pq amperex. It offers a very balanced view of the recorded acoustic.

regards,
ramses
Audiofankj -- You mention that the biggest improvement was with the tube rolling to NOS Siemens 7308 gold pin tubes. Where did you purchase them as I hear they're scarce?

Thanks,
Kevin
I purchased my pair from Kevin at Upscale Audio, which I believe is an A'Gon dealer on here as well. Their website is www.upscaleaudio.com

Good luck.