Bricasti M1 DAC vs PS Audio Direct Stream DAC

I own a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC that I like a lot but heard my friends system with the Bricasti M1 and I am strongly thinking of changing my DAC and would love your feedback from other members that have heard either or both. I know they are both great but really thinking of changing my Dac from PS Audio Direct Stream to the Bricasti M1 DAC. I use a HP Desk top computer as source with Jplay and JRiver Media 19 and the outstanding Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable. The rest of my system is below. I listen to Classic Rock, jazz, vocal, some modern music and the usual audiophile stuff.

Thanks

My system for reference.

Ascendo C-8 Renaissance Speakers (Germany) Monitor
Purist Audio Design Corvus Praesto Revision 2.5m Bi-Wire Speaker cable
Cardas Clear Interconnect 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Darwin TRUTH Pure Silver Reference 1 Meter RCA Interconnect
Audio Research REFERENCE 1 w/Rhodium IEC/NOS Tubes Tube preamp
Decware ZSTAGE External Triode Output StageTelefunken ECC801S
PS Audio Direct Stream DSD DAC w/ Bridge DA converter
Tellurium Q BLACK DIAMOND Reference USB Cable
PS Audio PerfectWave PowerBase Vibration Cancelation/AC Condtioner
Conrad Johnson Premier 12 Mono's 140 Watts Tung-Sol KT120's amps
PS Audio PowerPlant Premier AC Regenerator
BMI Shark Pure Jeweler Grade Platinum AC Power Cable
Sablon Audio Petite Corona 2.0M AC Power Cable
Mad Scientist PC-NEO with Power Purifier AC Power Cable
JPS Labs The Power AC+ 2M AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series SE T1 AC Power Cable
Synergistic Research Labs Tesla Series T1 AC Power Cable
PS Audio Noise Harvester (5) Converts noise to light
OYAIDE RI Beryllium Power Outlets (2)
Hubbell Outlet 5362/5262 Deep Cryo Process
Blue Circle Audio The Yalu Balula Industrial Surge/Spike Protection
JPLAY v5.2 hi-end audio player turns PC into a digital transport.
JRiver Media Center 19 Music Software
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
If you read my comments, I didn't say a particular DAC was better. My point was this is all subjective and no matter how good we submit something is, there is always better. The most recent DAC I listened to was the Esoteric. I didn't compare it to anything, so what's your point?
I'm one of the original Bricasti M1 owners and one of their main guinea pigs.

Enjoy your new M1. Its an amazing DAC. It will break in fairly quickly. Just send signal through it for a week and you should be good. The key to maximizing the sound quality of the M1 is to experiment with the filter sets. The linear and minimum phase filters present very different characteristics. I lived with the original linear phase for some time and couldn't imagine the M1 sounding any better. The introduction of the minimum phase filters was a complete game changer. Now I could never go back to the linear phase filters. Others might hear things differently. Play with them and dial in the M1 to suit your taste.
Ricred1 your statements here are utterly inaccurate

"Yes, the M1 is better, but to my ears to say now that the Directstream is a piece a junk is laughable."

I never ever said the DirectStream was a piece of junk anywhere at anytime ever. Read this thread through I have posted a ton of my material and my opinions they are on the record for all to read and are quite clear. I have stated over and over how great of a piece I think the DirectStream is.

This thread is headed about a comparison between the DirectStream and the Bricasti and up until recently I was worried that I would like the DirectStream better. I spoke of the DirectStream as other than my speakers and maybe speaker cables as the jewel of my system.

I am very disappointed in how Paul has taken such a great DAC that many people spent north of $5,000 for and just a few months later started whoring them out to gain market share and make every last cent but that has more to do with my loyalty to my fellow PS Audio audiophile comrades than anything else.

Also, this and most the things I write are of course just my opinions so they are what they are but when I wrote

"I don't mean to sound course I really don't but this Bricasti to me has not just outperformed the DirectStream it has completely and utterly pulverized it to the point that it is embarrassing."

This is not either of the things you assumed.

I was not speaking about small, discernible, subjective little things as I purposely chose robust and colorful language to accentuate my point based on what I felt so clearly. There is nothing small or subjective about these two DAC in my opinion in my system.

Also, this doesn't make the DirectStream a peace of junk either which I would never say because that is not the way I feel.

I want to share a quote from Srajan Ebaena he used describing another product because I think it perfectly and cleanly illustrates the point I am trying to convey with regards to core of what I see as the difference between the DirectStream and the Bricasti:

" Once I hit play, those cocky words "game over" did do a full frontal assault number quite without volition. When you're in the presence of better than you're used to by a significant enough margin, it takes no time at all to recognize it."
Ok, so what's better? Soundstage, bass, midrange? I'll have a M1 shortly and if I agree with your assessment, I'll be sure to post it! Listening always makes it clear.
My main reason to state my displeasure with PSA was not the quality of sound,but with their pricing scheme. My digital playback before the DS/PWT combo was a Wadia 861se with the GNSC Statement upgrade by the venerable Steve Huntley.. I loved the Wadia and kept it in house for 9 years before moving on to the DS/PWT combo.

The reason for moving on from the Wadia was simple...The PSA sound quality just plain crushed the mighty Wadia. The full up Wadia retailed for $13,500 vs the PSA retail of $10,000. I do not fall into the more money is better debate. What does get my goat is pricing that falls like a lead balloon when the manufacture wants to move a few more units for his bottom line,which in turn... causes animosity amongst the customer base.

They say a happy wife makes for a happy life[very-true]. I say a happy customer makes for a repeat buyer. Do it right or don't do it at all...