Levinson 383 vs. Rowland Concentra

I recently purchased my first set of "high-end" audio equipment. A pair Merlin Systems VSM floorstanders. I had become obsessed with the Dynaudio Contour series because of the ubiquitous acclaim they seem to have spawned. I got a great deal for the Merlins and it seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so I scooped them up. They are sitting patiently in my basement as I decide on which integrated solid-state amp to purchase.

I intend to listen to a wide variety of recordings, usually at civilised volume levels and I am hoping that one of you fellow audiogoners, based on your experience with either the Mark Levinson 383 or the Jeff Rowland Concentra I or II, can recommend a match for the speakers mentioned above.

I also hope to scoop up a digital source sometime next year, probably a Linn.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BTW. Listening Room is not Large, but not tiny either.
cagliostro
I've had both the 383 and the Concentra. Both have their strengths; Rowland is warmer sounding but Levinson might be a bit more accurate. Really depends a lot on your own musical tastes. I would think the Levinson would mate up a little better with the Merlins which are a bit laid back and a little lean.
FWIW, I preferred the YBA Passion Integre over both. Beat the 383 with ease. The Concentra II is a killer integrated. I liked the sweetness of the Passion. BTW, Absolute Sound reviewed the Passion Integre, this month. It's a dead on review from my experience, so I'll hold the ubiquitous adjectives. You can read for yourself. Significantly less $$ that the Concentra, as well. Hey, you got a high class problem, here, choosing one of these integrateds. peace, warren
I've owned both the No.383 and the Concentra II, it's a no brainer to me, the Concentra II; I could happily own one again. Someone mentioned the new Concerto integrated by Rowland that is due out soon, I too believe this will be a nice piece; they quoted a price of $6500, I suspect that is with phono, I believe without phono its list is $5900.
There are any number of situations where the sound of the Concentra would be preferred over the Concentra II. The primary difference is in their treble presentation with the Concentra II being far more explicit in this area. It's not that one is "better" than the other, but more of a system matching question.
You may want to also check out the MF 300 Trivista Integrated. Its a killer.