Panasonic digital amps and 4 ohm speakers

I've been looking at buying one of the new Panasonic XR digital receivers (SA-XR50 or SA-XR70), but the XR50 specifies 6-16 ohms. Anyone tried using one of these (or the older XR45) with a 4 ohm speaker?

I've got some GMA Europas on order, and was hoping to mate them with one of the new Panasonic receivers. Any reason not to?

My room is only 12 x 19, I listen mostly to 2 channel, and mostly listen at low to moderate levels. Definitely want to be able to crank it up every now and then, though. Thanks for any help.
ragan
I bought it as my first AV receiver for a 2-channel HT system. I use it only for audio, not for video switching. It gets a digital source from DVDs but an analog source from my TiVo box, which takes the Comcast digital cable signal. I'm happy with the sound even on the analog side. Very clean, neutral, not all harsh, a touch sweet even. Then again, I'm so thrilled to have something better than the sound from my TV's built-in speakers that probably anything would sound good to me. (I get excited about seeing Mercedes commercials "in HT".)
Drubin no need to make excuses about liking this combo. It is a very good combo... as others have discovered. If you compare it to some other combos within in this price range and to some degree above you will discover it's a damn good combo! I wish I could have started out with a system like this combo... it might have saved me some money!

Happy Listening!
Goodmood1, I have a lot of rock cd recordings from the mid 80s. Most of them are not the best recordings. I'm sure I'm not the only one with early REM or U2 albums ect... on cd. With a lot of this kind of music in my inventory, it sounds like the digital receivers are something we should stay away from. Am I wrong on this notion? Or would it be more foolish to drop 5 grand on an analog setup (preamp and amp) at the dawn of digital? Thanks.
Hello Kclone..well to be honest if you need to smooth over some recordings this isn't the receiver for you. I guess in a perfect world having a high resolution system and one that plays the mass market recordings would be best.With the advancements in technology I don't think I could talk myself into spending 5 grand on a preamp and a ampilifier.
But then again I am a cheap SOB.LOL

If you have one system and everything sounds the same. Something is wrong. No two cds sound the same.Also in some cases no two recordings sound the same on the same cd.
As little as the Panny cost it would be fun to swap it out sometimes with a nice analog preamp/amp combo when you get that itch.My next purchase will be for a Eastern Electric combo.
The Eastern Electric Minimax preamp and the their 70 wpc tube amplifier that hopefully will be released soon. I am one that believes simpler is better.Whether it's digital or analog.