Please help fill in the blanks...

Username says it all. Thinking about about Thiel CS2.4 or Vandersteen 3A Signature. Also thinking about Jolida JD 100A as source. Any recommendations on tube preamp and SS amp? Budget range for the two pieces would be around $4K to $6K. I listen to a wide variety of music and will occasionally listen at elevated levels, but not very often. I have a couple of decent "shoebox" shaped rooms as well, although they're hardwoods and drywall. There seems to be so much to choose from and I don't think I have the time or patience to listen to it all, even if it was available for listening in my area. I just don't want to make any mistakes by "incorrectly" assembling a system. Seems to be enough expeience here to help me avoid catastrophic blunders.

How are my choices so far?

Thanks
newerbie
If you didn't like the 2Cesigs, you probably will not go for the 3Asigs. There is a definate family sound, although the 3As are much more of everything (and very satisfying IMO), and with the right upstream components are not "too laid back" as some would say. However, Vandys can sound good w/lots of different electronics, while some say that Thiels are "ruthlessly revealing".
I have owned thiel cs2.4s for six years and can verify that they are "ruthlessly revealing". I drive mine with a bat tube preamp and krell amp. Neither was cheap. If your budget is only 4-6k you might want to consider a more forgiving pair of speakers. Just giving you a heads up, they can sound awesome but plan to spend some serious money on a ss amp.
I would take a look at the dunlavy sc4's that are listed;these are a world class speaker worth considering and sounds great with either ss or tube power.
I had scIII's driven by roland model 6 and cary slam 100 monoblocks;they performed equally as well with either amp.
I would think the dunlavy's would outperform the theils across the board and maybe easier to select which power to drive them and have more options as well.