Best solid state power amp for $1k

I am looking for new or used, at least 100w 8ohm per channel, no more than 200w per channel. I am using a tube pre-amp, based on the 12au7 and presently using new oskar heil speakers. My musical tastes run to jazz and classical. Let the opinions fly.
jw94055
Llano amps. They hardly ever come up for sale, but there is one now that is a hybrid and if I didn't have a Llano already I'd snap it up.
Kool39, you saw the preamp, I saw the speakers :). The Heil tweeters have a reputation for being somewhat bright. I didn't think a bright amp would match very well with them. In that vein, I don't think Bryston or Krell would work particularly well, either.
Nighthawk, I think you hit the nail on the head with the speakers. I was focused on the pre and didnt give the speakers enough attention. Good call.
If your running a tubed pre-amp youll absolutely love an Aragon 8008BB or 8008ST(grab the 8008BB if you can find one under $1000). Incredible control with very smooth and detailed mids and smooth grainless highs. Ive heard a combo involving a tube pre with an 8008 on a pair of B&W 802's and was very impressed.
Audio Research D-200 is a wonderful amp. You can get them from $700 to $800. I own one and love it. Very powerful with lots of finess.