Suggestions for someone who wants to get in tubes

I have been a ss owner and would not like to venture into the world of tubes.

Can anyone recommend a good starting set-up? I was thinking of integrated tube and tubey speakers. ON a budget... say hmm... $2,000
tcco42ff
I disagree with the tube pre recommendation. I tried a Sonic Frontiers Line 1 into a Classe 15 for about a year. This replaced my Classe 5 pre for a while. Although this combo sounded nice, it didn't sound as good as my Classe 5 driving a 40watt tube amp into the same speakers. Not to mislead you though, the Classe 15 does offer more slam, but the midrange of the tube was to die for.
Good luck, I too am moving on to a tube based system.
tcco,
Yes, you can run your 2-ch sources into the pre, and run the receiver L/R preouts into it also. If the pre doesn't have an HT bypass/unity gain function simply calibrate the HT with the pre's volume control at a known position, and return it to that position whenever watching HT.
Cayin TA-30...just bought one and love it. Had it less than a week and like it more every time I turn it on. I bought it with all the upgrades available (since it was so inexpensive to begin with) and if I had to pay more, I would still consider it a bargain. Added some halo tube dampers and it got better still...great value / sound / would be easy to sell if you didn't like it...although I can't imagine anyone with ears who wouldn't
Pauly has it right. The tube pre and ss amp is BS. There is nothing like an all tube system in my opinion. Of course your speakers have to be oriented towards tubes, but when they are, heaven! I have owned or auditioned some of the best ss amps and just dont get it I guess. People love to knock tubes, but those in the know use nothing else. Its all about the sound the gestalt of music, if you will, that matters. Measurements are meaningless. Only how it sounds to you matters.