Suggestions for someone who wants to get in tubes

I have been a ss owner and would not like to venture into the world of tubes.

Can anyone recommend a good starting set-up? I was thinking of integrated tube and tubey speakers. ON a budget... say hmm... $2,000
tcco42ff
Reubent...About that "slightly damaged" stock... Back in the days when "Fair Trade" pricing was legal (the manufacturer could set the price, and no discounts) KLH operated that way. I went to buy a KLH 5 for center channel, and was offered "damaged" goods at a really good price. I insisted on opening the carton to inspect the damage, but could find none. Neither could the dealer. Finally he got tied of the game and explained what was going on. When sales were slow, and inventory got large, someone at KLH would just go out into the warehouse with a black marker, and designate a few dozen speakers as "damaged". These could then be sold at deep discount, while still keeping up the pretence that the price was fixed.
WWWOW - thanks for the tons of advice. Now I am confused hahaha... but keep them comming.

As of now I have B&W 803's, HTM2 and 600s for my HT driven by Rotel 1090 amp and 1055 as receiver pre/amp.

The system that I am asking your help for is an entirely new system that i wish could be tube based. However, can I just switch the 1055 to a tube preamp whenever I want to listen to stereo and use the 1090 to drive it? How does the 803 do with that set-up? Or am i better off with a 2nd set.
I disagree with the tube pre recommendation. I tried a Sonic Frontiers Line 1 into a Classe 15 for about a year. This replaced my Classe 5 pre for a while. Although this combo sounded nice, it didn't sound as good as my Classe 5 driving a 40watt tube amp into the same speakers. Not to mislead you though, the Classe 15 does offer more slam, but the midrange of the tube was to die for.
Good luck, I too am moving on to a tube based system.
tcco,
Yes, you can run your 2-ch sources into the pre, and run the receiver L/R preouts into it also. If the pre doesn't have an HT bypass/unity gain function simply calibrate the HT with the pre's volume control at a known position, and return it to that position whenever watching HT.