The Shortest Time you kept a new piece for ??

Mine: A McIntosh 6850 integrated. Received delivery on Monday, couldn't stand the ''Christmas tree'' look, and unfortunately, it did sound very average ( it replaced a Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp and SF preamp, tough competition).

So...in on Monday, got rid of it 2 days later with a local sale to a happy camper ! Call me impatient!
sonicbeauty
How about an SF2 for a few hours? Traded an integrated for it so I could use it as a trade on something else.

Next shortest would have to be a PSS IC, which was maybe a week. Without a doubt the brightest cable I've heard.
PS Audio HCA-2. 2 weeks. Not a bad amp, just not what I wanted. For me, the Rogue 88 is better.
That is funny - I thought the MA6850 was very nice. I guess we are all different and all have different systems (room included) we use to audition a single component.

I ditched used B&W N805 speakers faster than anything else - 5 days or so. Any less time than that and I don't think you know what you have. Other people like the 805s. However, there are really too many variables involved to be able to get anything from such comments. Arthur
Threshold FET-10 preamplifier bought used from a local dealer (so in theory it was broken in). Hooked it up in my system and ... ouch! It was obvious there was no way it was going to improve over time to make it remotely musical, it was horrible right from the get go. Had it for an afternoon, returned it. What a disappointment.
I had a Denon 3803 i was going to use for my HT, bought it about a month ago, returned it about a week and a half ago.

its not that it sounded bad, its just a fincancial emergency came up, and its easy to return things to large retail stores.

i'll definatly buy another one down the road. for now, im just gonna focus on my newly started 2 channel system