Physical explanation of amp's break in?

Recently purchased Moon i-5, manual mention 6-week break in period, when bass will first get weaker, and after 2-3 weeks start to normalize. Just curious, is there ANY component in the amp's circuitry that known to cause such a behaviour?

I can't fully accept psycho-acoustical explanation for break-in: many people have more then one system, so while one of them is in a "break-in" process, the second doesn't change, and can serve as a reference. Thus, one's perception cannot adapt (i.e. change!) to the new system while remain unchanged to the old one. In other words, if your psycho-acoustical model adapts to the breaking-in new component in the system A, you should notice some change in sound of your reference system B. If 'B' still sounds the same, 'A' indeed changed...
dmitrydr
Thanks Sean. Indeed, first time I see so professional and practical *positive* opinion on that matter. I would highly appreciate your opinion about cables break-in: cables are generally simpler 'devices', which offers less room for 'combining'...

I think both emotional and psycho-acoustical components take their part here as well, but as I mentioned in the original post, there are some aspects that cannot be explained just by "delusive perception".
It takes a little while for the electrons that have been randomly thrown into the amp to get together and sing Kumbaya.

It also takes them a bit to see the arrows on the shielding of the cables. A confused electron is a terrible thing.
Sean - Excellent response! From those of us who are ee and still use our test equipment, brains, and ears, thank you. Keep preach'n, even if only to the choir.
As always, just one man's opinion.
Dmitrydr: I know nothing of metalurgy. I can't explain what happens to cables scientifically using test bench equipment taking measurements either or tell you how / why cables "settle" in terms of theory. I do know that i can hear a difference before and after "burning" cables on the various "cooking" devices that i have though. I will not try to pass this off as fact as it is strictly my opinion that i've stated here a dozen times before. Evidently, some people share this point of view while others don't.

Some folks have sent me cables to burn for them and then done A/B comparisons between identical cables ( burned vs un-burned ) once they returned. The differences before and after burning were always quite audible. Some of the identical cables being compared were fresh out of the box whereas other cables had hundreds / thousands of hours of actual use on them. In each comparison, the cables that were cooked were deemed to sound more natural with improved harmonic structure. I've never had anybody tell me that the results of "burning" the cables were anything less than beneficial.

Having said that, those that have an opposing point of view never seem to want to put their money where there mouth is or learn from experience. That is, i've offered to burn cables for them free of charge several times and not one of the "nay-sayers" has ever contacted me once. As such, my guess is that they prefer to spout off rhetoric without doing any form of research on the subject or seeing for themselves what others are talking about. Instead, they chatter away with no personal experience to support their point of view rather than experiment / find out for themselves what the "real deal" is. Kind of hard to argue / debate with someone that refuses to view evidence contrary to their point of view. Actually, it's more than hard to argue or debate with someone like that, it's more like talking to a brick wall. Sean
>

PS... My offer still stands to those that are interested. If you really want to see / hear the differences for yourself though, just be prepared to go without the interconnects for several weeks. I can "burn" them for however long you want, but my experience with most cables is that the longer that they are on the burner, the bigger the differences are.