The Fastest most musical amp

Since I got the upgrade bug and the only cure is to change my preamp and amp I am looking for some advice of our great Audiophile community to help me find the amplifier and preamp combo that suits me best. My priority are the folowing: I want to find the FASTEST and MOST MUSICAL amp and preamp ( It can be tube preamp ( tough I think all tube preamp are slow) or solid state preamp but only solid state amp.) I know that spectral is known to be one of the fastest but I don`t like the idea of being forced to use the Networked MIT cable (which slow up the sound much)
dismalonyx
SchubertMANIAC -

YEEEESH! Thanks for correcting me!

Okay folks, ignore my post above postulating that Spectral amps can be used with cables other than MIT.

Duke
Give the Spectral 360 monoblocks a shot. For tubes, the Tenors are really special -- "fast" yet not clinical or edgy.

BTW; why do you think MIT cables "slow up the sound". Have you heard them in a Spectral system? I've used the Oracle V2 UWB in an all Spectral system, as well as with Tenors, and they were anything but slow. The new Oracle v1.1 are even better -- more articulation and less mechanical sounding. IMO, one of the best set of cables out there.

Enjoy your search.

Tom
I auditioned a pair of Watt/Puppy 7's. The dealer had Spectral 360 Monos with the Spectral Pre and MIT cables.
I believe he had a Wadia 861 on the front end.

It was clear as a bell, extremely fast, but completely
lacking bass.

I don't know if it was the Amps, the speakers, or what.

I own a pair of Krell FPB 350 MCX's. These things
are extremely fast and took the bass response in my
speakers so low I turned my sub-woof completely off
during 2 channel music listening.

If you are into solid state, fast and sensitive amps,
want full bass response -- put Krell Mono's on your
list.

I would love to hear the Watt/Puppies with my Krells.

Just to clear up some misinformation above...
1. Spectral equipment is super wideband & can go into self-destructive parasitic inaudible ultrasonic oscillation modes without networked cables, which present a more stable load than any reactive speaker possibly can.
2. MIT cables do not slow anything down. They are not filters; the networks are in fact paralleled. The networks behave similar to Zoebel terminations across a driver's terminals, helping to absorb the reflected counter emf from the linear motor's winding. A super wideband amp seeing these reflactions coming back into it at full amplitude can go wild & destroy itself without any audible indications of problems until the output devices fail.
With what speakers? The amp and speaker combination affects the overall "speed" of the music. Try using the Tenor amp with an inefficient low impedence speaker and find out for yourself (Or a slow SET with a Lowther).