Preamp Upgrage for Nakamichi STASIS Threshold ?

Hello,

I have a Nakamichi PA-7 STASIS amp 200watts (made by Threshold for Nak) with a Nakamichi CA-5 preamp. I'm using Phase PC-500s floor standing speakers.

I'm thinking of upgrading my preamp and wondering what would work well with the PA-7 STASIS amp (w/o costing too much). I'm not interested in puying a tube preamp that has to warm up for 1hr before using it and wondering about buying something that has XLR capability in case I buy a CD player that has XLR outputs.

I'm also wondering about RCA interconnects for between my amp and preamp for a good price; my Interlink Reference A (monster) sound better than other interconnects I've tried including Esoteric Audio TECHNUS and Kimber -- seems like a fat gage wire between the two is neccessary.

Thank you in advance! Love this web site!
zedcat
What's your price range, your sound preferences, and what are you trying to improve by replacing your pre-amp. By the way, although Platt6 doesn't mention this, I would note that this Amp doesn't particularily sound like a Threshold either.
I have a Nakamichi PA-7 with a Nakamichi CA-7 preamp. I'm using Kef reference series 104/2. I´m very very happy
Well I would very warmly recommend the Moscode Minuet preamp. It's very inexpensive, it can be upgraded by Moscode's G. Kaye and is a perfect fit. Although it tubed, it takes about 30 seconds to sound like a $1500 solid-state preamp, and 15 minutes ro sound like a $3000 tubed preamp. I think that it would be a winning combination for you, as it is for me.