Anybody used Nikko amps before?

Hi, I would like to know if anybody here ever used Nikko amps and pre amps? If so, how would you classified its quality and sound? Does is stand up to todays electronics? The reason for my question is because there aren't to much info out there. What I do know is Nikko is no longer made. Thanks for your concern and happy listening. :)
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
Just stumbled across this thread while trying to find some info on a 230 amp for sale locally. What would you guys say would a be a good price of a used 230? There's a guy here selling a 230 amp, and some Nikko pre-amp and equalizer (can't make out the model in the pics) asking $270 can for the lot...

The GF's got me on watch for PA equipment for her soon to be dance studio.

Thanks!
Wow, I thought I was the only one still holding on to Nikko gear!

funknoobiest, that sounds like a fair price for all three pieces. The old Nikko gear is well-built, and was used by DJ's and the like during the 70's and 80's. I still have three pieces; power amp, pre and tuner, all which still work like it did 20 years ago. However, the sound, to me, is just okay. It was more about power than refinement.

If I recall, the gear cost between $200 and $300 per unit, so to get all three for under $300 is probably a good deal.
Does anybody have the service manual for the Nikko Alpha 450? Will the manual for the 440 work? If you have it please email it to me
I recently picked up the Nikko Alpha II from Goodwill. It was unbelievably cheap (Of course people at Goodwill , but I wasn't sure it was working because it looked pretty beat up. I thought at least the chassis and Heatsink would be worth it.

What do you know.... it starts right up, and does not hiss / frickle / hum. Beautiful sounding gear indeed.

I may replace the power supply capacitors (just because it's old) and it'll be as new!
I currently am using the Nikko 230 power amp, with an Adcom preamp. The amp is probably over 20 years old at least and I have never had a problem with it. I currently purchased a pair of Bose 201 and the sound quality is great. In the past I used the Nikko amp as the center piece of my surround sound, it would power my front speakers. My current configurations is such; nikko power amp that powers my two front speakers (bose), I have an Adcom surround sound processor from the 90's that decodes only dolby pro logic and it power my 2 surround speakers (PSB bookshelf)and my center channel (JBL). I am looked to add a sub woofer in the near future. Hope this helps.