Anybody used Nikko amps before?

Hi, I would like to know if anybody here ever used Nikko amps and pre amps? If so, how would you classified its quality and sound? Does is stand up to todays electronics? The reason for my question is because there aren't to much info out there. What I do know is Nikko is no longer made. Thanks for your concern and happy listening. :)
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
Nikko was origioally a component supplier for whos who of Japanese audio companies. In otherwords they made the various switches, pots, transistors, meters andwhatnots that went into Pioneer, Marantz, Fisher, JVC, Kenwood, Sherwood and others. They decided after a while to build units themselves. I think they are one of the most underrated stereo brands in history. In the early 70's I worked for a stereo chain in the Northwest. They sold mostly mid and high end stuff. I could not afford to buy any of it . I went out and bought a Nikko. I had some of the sales and repair people listen to it. They all agreed it was as good or better than all the stuff they were selling with the exception of McIntosh.
yes, a beautiful workhorse of an amp Been in constant use for 18 years. It is an alpha 230. tolerates low imp. loads very well.
I have a NIKKO ALPHA 400, a very old amplifier and its broken. It's not possible to fix this amplifier without a schematic, can somebody help me?? and send me the service manual or the schematic. PLEASE !!!
I have 3 Nikko pieces. An Alpha 650 amp- (410 watts/ch. @ 8 ohms), a Beta 30 Preamp, an a Gamma 30 tuner. I was a DJ and owned crown, Peavey- Awful amp!!!

I still fire up the Alpha 650 and it still shakes the house. Balls plus. I am thinking of selling all 3 pieces. I have all manuals, a shop manual to work on the Alpha 650 amp, and the original receipts.

If anyone is interested in finding out more, write back. I know you get what you pay for, but this amp cost over $1400.00 new and is a power house.
Go on Ebay- click on Nikko amps- I found a shop manual from a place called [email protected] Seller is called techman777 Good luck.