Anybody used Nikko amps before?

Hi, I would like to know if anybody here ever used Nikko amps and pre amps? If so, how would you classified its quality and sound? Does is stand up to todays electronics? The reason for my question is because there aren't to much info out there. What I do know is Nikko is no longer made. Thanks for your concern and happy listening. :)
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

Showing 1 response by sps_7008ef6

Nikko was origioally a component supplier for whos who of Japanese audio companies. In otherwords they made the various switches, pots, transistors, meters andwhatnots that went into Pioneer, Marantz, Fisher, JVC, Kenwood, Sherwood and others. They decided after a while to build units themselves. I think they are one of the most underrated stereo brands in history. In the early 70's I worked for a stereo chain in the Northwest. They sold mostly mid and high end stuff. I could not afford to buy any of it . I went out and bought a Nikko. I had some of the sales and repair people listen to it. They all agreed it was as good or better than all the stuff they were selling with the exception of McIntosh.