Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
Personally, I wouldn't ever lie to my wife about a purchase, but she was very supportive when I did some major upgrades last year. At this point I'm probably finished making expensive purchases and I think she'd rather that I just spend a few hundred bucks that talk to her about wanting something.

The key is to make sure that she knows that you will support her getting nice stuff to that she cares about. When we first got married I purchased her a new silver flute that was significantly better than the one she had and likely better than anyone she knows. That purchase was worth a lot to her because it showed that I valued things that she cared about. Most recently it was an upgraded iPod just because she wanted more memory.

I've heard more than once, "Whatever makes you happy."
01-06-11: Paul_graham
Chad thinks it's funny, but he doesn't want Liz to know.

That's LOL funny... good stuff!
No way. Wife plays the system too, so it is partly hers. She actually purchased Thiel CS 2s back in 1985 all by herself!!!! And agreed tubes worked well with them and thereby approved the incoming c-j stuff. She was with me on my last four or five amplifier purchases. I TRY to take her to auditions too. She hates that part of the hobby however! But she does REALLY like shaking the walls at high volume when I'm not home!