Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog

Showing 2 responses by stne418

No...but I've purchased jewelry and handbags galore of nearly equal value a few times. My wife loves music so often she likes the upgrades IF we can afford not to charge it.
No way. Wife plays the system too, so it is partly hers. She actually purchased Thiel CS 2s back in 1985 all by herself!!!! And agreed tubes worked well with them and thereby approved the incoming c-j stuff. She was with me on my last four or five amplifier purchases. I TRY to take her to auditions too. She hates that part of the hobby however! But she does REALLY like shaking the walls at high volume when I'm not home!