Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
is non-disclosure considered deception??? If I am 100% guilty. Typically, my wife and I don't talk about our purchases unless it impacts the family in some way. We really do not care how much the other spends as long as we can pay our bills and continue to save at the rate we agreed upon. It helps that we both have our "fun" accounts separate from the family account. What we do with this money is no one's business. I have found this to be a great arrangement.
I believe in the Bill Clinton rule: I don't ask about shoes, she don't ask about stereos... we have a very happy marriage....
yeah well let me see there was the $3900 Mcintosh MA 6900 integrated amp I got for "ONLY" $300 bucks and the Mcintosh 74 tuner I picked up for $50 bucks ($900) and the Klipsch RF 63 they were only $400 bucks ($1800) sold stocks cashed out some of the 401K I'm ten G's in the hole guys but on my fuzzy cooked accounting books jeez this very nice looking stereo system was only $1800 bucks honey can you please start dinner
yeah but the sound --
what purchases???

I'm looking for the person who constantly breaks into our home and leaves audio equipment all over the darn place!!!