Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
Tim! Another hobby! How dare you!!! Hand in your approved audiophile card immediately!!!!!!!!

John
Same boat as Tim, I never planned on buying another motorcycle. Its been 10 years. But the deal was too good so I blew what was my new speaker money last summer and have not recovered yet.
I know I am not the only one here that has to really work to budget for my audio fix.
My wife has been surprised more than once when the UPS man dropped by, but its all been good so far. Sell one, buy another.
Flemke,

I, too, have a woodworking hobby and I constantly go back and forth with that and audio stuff. As far as woodworking being cheaper, have you bought any wood lately? It's not cheap anymore and I buy rough stock.

I don't deceive my wife about my purchases as much as not telling her the whole truth. After nearly 30 yrs of marriage I have found it much easier on me to let her get it out all at once!
I put a picture of the next piece of equipment on one of the screen savers a few weeks before I buy it. My wife will see it every day and become "conditioned", then when it shows up in the listening room I take it off the screen saver and she figures it is the same one that we "already had".
Are you kidding, one can not get into this hobby and spend the way we do and not tell a few little lies along the way (in my case, big lies). This hobby is not for the faint of heart..............Bob