Not another "Should I leave my amp on question???"

Warning....could be the dumb question of the week.....I own an Audio Research VT-50 (tube) amplifier and I would like to know if I should power the amp down when I am going to leave the house for a short period of time (lets say 1-2 hours) with the anticipation of listening to music when I arrive back home.
jla
There are certain amps with circuits that run the tubes at almost maximum operating limits. Tubes have a much shorter lifespan when used in such amps. I have been told that VTL amps chew through tubes (can anyone else confirm this?) But I wouldn't sweat a few hours on! However, if there is a good chance of a thunderstorm while you are out, TURN OFF AND UNPLUG ALL EQUIPMENT! (You don't want to discover that surge protectors ARE NOT lightening strike protectors!)Sugarbrie makes an excellent point. Maxgain, does the name Futterman ring a bell?
Parrot, Futterman is the epitomy of reliability... try an ancient, hi-powered & untweaked (by the manufacturer) Jadis: Make sure yr power corp isn't keeping a constant voltage.
Count how many tubes have blown when you get back.

But when the tubes are there, the sound is majestic... (IMO)