Isolation Cones. Will I get the point?

I have them on my Thiels and the difference is significant. Will putting appropriate isolation cones on my amp and CD player make as much a difference? Or any difference at all? Why?, if you know. I would appreciate feedback from actual listening experience. Please: tell me what you heard, not what you heard of. Thanks
whirshfield
I put my gear on points and have lead shot to stabalize the components...can't say it made any real audible difference, but then again, I've never tried listening to my system without the points since their introduction. I imagine if you have kids running around, or large trucks driving by frequently, that they may help, but I justify them in my system by telling myself, I've already spent $13000, another $150 to ensure I get the best performance is not a big deal. When I have some more free time, I'll try taking the points away and listen for a week, then add them again. Til then, they are simply giving me peace of mind.

m-
If you get the the phone number (toll free) from: www.audiopoints.com, Robert could answer all your questions. The site also will have printed information that will answer your questions.
I want to hear from someone who does not have a financial interest. I really want to hear from someone who has used cones on their amps and CD player and hears a difference and recommends them.
About a year ago I tried the BDR cones both #3 & #4 under my cdp and didn't like the presentation at all. Next came sand bags under the unit. Both trials were with weight on top of the unit. Had much better success with an inflated inner tube but thats just my system...

It would appear that points or isolation devices of any sort are very system dependant and I would try before you buy if you can. If not buy used so you won't take a big hit if you have to re-sell them.
Mdomnick made the point how you shouldn't do especially if you're about to deal with tweaks and isolation devices. You should only use them if the produce a positive result and not otherwise(meaning spending extra for nothing).
The majority of dealers will always be glad to land you different devices for you to test and where you can apply them.
I also do not understand the term "appropriate cones" since since there are much more different ways to properly isolate components.
Cones concentrate vibrations onto the smaller surface points and only represent(in any case) sort of "unfinished business". The other part is the platform(probably more vital) that has to have an ability to delay a vibration responce as from the component standing on it or from the different components placed on the same rack. It can happen if the platform is spiked or double-plated with isolation material placed between.
There are some variables to consider before going through the "appropriate cones" meaning that on the different platforms they can bring different(positive or negative) results.
From my experience if you will use "appropriate cones"(somehow I love this term!) on the glass shelf you'll have a probability to get side-wise frictional vibrations caused by a posibility to slide sidewise which brings it to an idea to have the isolation points to be placed under...
I can't deny that it might produce a positive result as well.
My long philosophy there can shortly state that due to a large number of variables to concider when isolating your components you shoud definitely invest your time for trial-and-error tests to define for yourself "proper ..."
Good luck.