A pass Labs X250 amp worth a divorce?

I have the audiophile disease. I just can not be satisfied. By upgrading from my Bryston 4B ST to a Pass labs X250 really worth the bother? My equipment is as follows Audio Research Reference 1 Pre-amp, Proac Response 3.8 Speakers Classe CDP.3 Player. My wife just does not get the thrill of this hobby. I need to find the true answer, What will the difference be besides in my wallet?
128x128kevyo
Buy a used ARC vt100 to go with that ref1. That's one of the best front end's I've heard.
This hobby is getting ridiculously expensive. Make sure you get a home trial for the X250 before you decide to put your wife up on SpouseBeGon.com. On a serious note, the X250 is a much more refined amp than the Bryston, especially in the midrange.
Remeber what the bumper sticker say's "My wife say's it me or fishing.Man I'm gonna miss her".Magnepan has the right idea in their ad's saying to allot in your budget ennough for Pearls to give her when she walks in the room and see's 'em.Pass is nice stuff but I just had a freind go from a 150 to a VAC Avatar as he didn't need the power for Revel M20's (which you do) but the main reason was that he found brite and brite didn't work.Sneak it in and test run while she's visiting her sister.
Dump the preamp. Run the CDP directly into the Pass. Keep the better half....
As others have mentioned your upgrade path should begin with your source. I would suggest the Cary 303/200. It replaced a Classe DAC1/CDT1/Digital Lens digital rig and, IMHO, is a better source. I think that you will find, as I have, that many people do not understand your obsessive audio ways. My friends would find me impossible to deal with if they had to be with me night and day. Luckily, my wife and kids love and tolerate me. Well, most of the time anyway. Find comfort in our company and treat your family better than your favorite components.